The demand to anchor trees without unsightly stakes or guy wires is increasing. The GreenMax root ball anchoring is an efficient and reliable method to anchor the trees underground and greatly improve the visual impact of the landscape. The trees will receive extra support without visible timber or stakes. Straps with attached steel anchors are installed underground.
The steel anchors will ensure a strong underground root ball anchoring. The tree will keep its natural movement and still get the necessary support.
- Fast and easy installation
- User friendly
- Can be used for all tree-sizes
- Time and money are saved
- No unsightly stakes or tree poles above the surface
- The anchoring stimulates a strong and natural growth
Root ball anchoring kit
Consists of 3 straps attached to steel anchors, 1 root ball protection mat and 1 strap tensioner.
Available in five standard sizes
- GGB 120120 -> circumference till 20 cm
- GGB 120225 -> circumference till 25 cm
- GGB 120350 -> circumference till 50 cm
- GGB 120460 -> circumference till 90 cm
- GGB 120970 -> circumference over 90 cm
A drive rod (available in the length of 1 m or 1.5 m) is essential for an easy and quick installation. The drive rod makes it possible to drive the anchors in the ground along the root ball (manual or mechanical). Depending on the size of the root ball and size of tree, you will need different sizes of the anchoring kit. We will gladly inform you about the necessary size of anchoring kit and installation tools.
Bio Root Ball Anchoring
The basic GreenMax Root Ball Anchoring System is also available with bio degradable straps. The strap is made of biopolymers based on renewable raw materials that have been specially modified for particular use in the soil. It is proven that the straps decompose and also the iron components dissolve slowly by corrosion.
In addition, the strap material meets the requirement for the “Keimlings-Seal” of the European Bioplastics, a registered association. It is an EU-wide certificate that is issued by the authorized certification organizations DIN Certco and Vincotte based on standardized procedures. This seal which is referring to the composting of materials may only be borne by those organic products, which are proven to be biodegradable according to the European standard DIN EN 13432 or DIN EN 14995.
The GreenMax Bio Degradable Root Ball Anchoring is suitable for trees with a trunk circumference of 25 cm up to 35 cm.
A drive rod (available in the length of 1 m or 1.5 m) is essential for an easy and quick installation. The drive rod makes it possible to drive the anchors in the ground along the root ball (manual or mechanical).
DIN standards and guidelines
- EN 12225: “Proof of the microbiological resistance by burying the material under the soil”
- DIN 18916: “Vegetation technology in landscaping – plants and planting”
- Rule-Compliant: “FLL – Recommendations for planting trees Part 1”
- Rule-Compliant: “FLL – ZTV transplanting large trees”